Walking holidays in North Cyprus
Our walking holidays in North Cyprus offer you a wonderful chance to experience the uniqueness of walking in North Cyprus. The absence of mass tourism is evident when you find yourself on deserted mountain tracks, on quiet sandy beaches lapped by the clear azure Mediterranean, with in the background the pine scented wooded slopes of the spectacular Kyrenia Mountain Range.
North Cyprus, with its picturesque scenery, friendly welcome and fascinating history is the perfect destination for a fantastic walking holiday.
The walks on our programme are easy with distances of between 4-7 miles. Your afternoons are free for you to do as you wish. You could explore our many castles, ruins or the pretty harbour of Kyrenia, or maybe just relax by pool or sea.
Your itinerary is as follows:
- Day 1. Arrive at Riverside Holiday Village, welcome drink and introduction.
- Day 2. Gecitkoy reservoir and Hisarkoy, a pleasant valley at the end of the mountain range.
- Day 3. Incesu and Malatya, two small villages nestling under the escarpment of the Kyrenia mountain range.
- Day 4. Kantara village and castle. A beautiful walk through woodlands and along the ridge trail.
- Day 5. Rest day.
- Day 6. Akdeniz/Guzelyurt bay and beach. Huge empty sandy beach with dune areas and forests.
- Day 7. From Buffavento Castle to Bellapais Abbey, a very pretty walk to this picturesque village.
- Day 8. Breakfast and away.
As we already use Riverside Holiday Village for our other walking and activity programmes it was an obvious choice to base our new walking programme here. This friendly family run holiday village has a selection of accommodation, ranging from one bed-roomed bungalows and apartments to three-bed roomed villas and is set in mature Mediterranean gardens with a profusion of citrus trees, palms and flowers. Its excellent food, good on-site facilities (pools, shops, fitness suite etc.) as well as a free shuttle bus service to the beach club or the town make Riverside a very convenient and popular base.
- Accommodation is for 7 nights at Riverside Holiday Village, Alsancak.
- Accommodation in twin/double bedded rooms with en suite facilities. Other room arrangements are possible.
- Single occupancy rooms available, subject to availability (with supplement).
- Transfers from Ercan are included but transfers to Larnaca, Paphos are subject to a surcharge, dependent on numbers ask for a price at the time of booking.
- Five walks are included in the programme; see www.cyprusactive.com /walking for details, downloadable brochures on each walk are available.
- Programme may start on any day.
- Dinner is provided for 6 nights, breakfast 7 days, local lunch 2 days ( included)
- On the rest day only breakfast is included. There are several restaurants and bars near Riverside offering evening meals.
- Riverside guests have free use of Golden Bay and Denizkizi Beach Clubs with reductions on water sports costs. Riverside offers a free shuttle bus service to the beach.
- It is possible to add extra days to the programmes. Site seeing can be arranged.
- A risk assessment has been carried out on the whole of the walking programme and no hazards have been identified. All stages have coverage with GSM phones and all areas are accessible for vehicles for recovery should that be required.
- Holidays available mid March to June and mid September to mid December.
- Other walkers not staying at Riverside may join the walks subject to space. Walkers meet at Riverside, other pick ups may be possible (small charge may apply).
- Excludes Flights, holiday insurance and surcharge for Larnaca and Paphos transfers.
- Single supplement £90.00
This programme is run by Cyprus Active in conjunction with Riverside Holiday Village. Bookings and group enquiries should be made to:
Tel: 0090 533 8660694